A Brief Overview
Duraspec source the finest Fluoropolymer Topcoat called Vitreflon, it is made by the respected A&I Coatings in Australia. A&I Coatings have engineered and manufactured a range of fluoropolymer protective coatings with excellent UV resistance and weathering properties. Using “State of the Art” technology, A&I Coatings fluoropolymer coatings have enhanced durability, reducing the cost of life time maintenance. A&I Coatings have developed both water based (Enviroflon) and solvent based (Vitreflon) fluoropolymer protective coatings.
What is Fluoropolymer Technology?
The polymeric structure of a Fluoropolymer is a very systematic arrangement of fluoro-ethylene and vinyl-ether molecules.
This image demonstrates the arrangement, and also shows that each fluoro ethylene molecule has 3 fluorine atoms as opposed to two in PVDF or PVF2 coatings.
Why is Fluoropolymer so durable?
1. The fluoroethylene molecule derives terrific integral strength from it’s high frequency of fluorine atoms
2. The carbon-fluoride bond energy in fluoroethylene molecules is far greater than the energy of UV rays
3. The fluoroethylene and vinyl ether units are arranged in an alternating sequence – this means that the strong and stable fluoroethylene unit protects it’s neighbouring vinyl ether unit – just like the father protecting his son below
Features & Benefits of Fluoropolymer
- Superior weathering performance (see here )
- Excellent corrosion resistance when applied over a suitable primer
- Excellent top coat for heavy duty purposes
- High slip finish improves aerodynamics
- Low maintenance cost with long term durability
- High performance coating
- Almost unlimited colour range
Typical Applications using Fluoropolymer
- Fascias & Facades
- Graffiti protection for civil infrastructure
- High capital cost structures.
- Wind Turbines
- Structural steel and Roofing
- Fluoropolymer coatings are suitable practically wherever excellent durability and aesthetic appearance with good chemical resistance is required.
A&I Coatings fluoropolymers have now been used to protect and beautify almost 1 million square metres of substrate. See our Project News to view some recent projects that have had our fluoropolymer finishing touch! With a variety of generic specifications, Duraspec’s sales team have the ability to meet your protective coating requirements! Contact us on 093906630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Royal Northshore Hospital, Northshore NSW
Foreshore, Kingston ACT
Gold Coast, Queensland
National Australia Bank, Docklands Victoria